Monday, Monday….Is it one of those days?
Not for me. Not today. I am so ready for sunshine and warmer weather. Although, I must say, this has been one of my favorite Wisconsin winters. I love snow and we have had it in abundance.
Anyway, today my project is to head over to one of our local flooring outlets, Macco’s, and get a bid on flooring for our new place. I am so torn over flooring.
Doug and I both agree on one thing, no carpeting. Between his boots and the dogs, we are not carpet people. That leaves us with several options. So far, from everything I have researched, I have narrowed it down to this:
- Tile through the whole house
- High end wood laminate in the main living areas and master bedroom, tile in the bathrooms and mud room.
- Laminate tile (I checked this out at Macco’s and there were some pieces that I really liked)
- Bamboo or hardwood ( I am trying to stay away from these as we are hard on floors and the upkeep on these might be pretty ridiculous)
- Cork ( I believe that cork is too soft for our household)
I would love to hear some opinions/horror stories/suggestions on this. Anyone put in all tile and later hated it? Is hardwood worth the upkeep? I’ve sanded and redone a floor once, I don’t know that I ever want to do that again…..