Crafts ~ Recipes ~ Our New House ~ Book Reviews

January 8, 2012

Chicken Provolone



MMMMmmmm…..this is one of my favorite recipes. It is my fallback when I need something delicious but easy. The ingredients are very basic, I usually have them on hand anyway. Prep time can be a little longer for this recipe, about a ½ hour plus 40 minutes in the oven, but it is so worth it.


To begin with, I take a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts and beat them with a meat hammer until they are double their original size.

I then cut them in half. Each piece is breaded in a flour, cracker, and breadcrumb mixture that is well seasoned with Alpine Spice. Each piece is then dunked in an eggwash (one egg beat into ½ cup of milk) and re-breaded. I then brown them lightly in a pan and place them in a glass baking dish ( I usually use a 9x13, but it totally depends on how much chicken you have).

Over the breasts I layer mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded or sliced, basically whatever I have on hand or was on sale. Over that I pour a large container of regular spaghetti sauce, and dust with a little additional cheese. I cover the pan with tinfoil and bake for 40 minutes at 350*. I serve this over linguine noodles with a side salad. Yum.



I'm linking up!

No comments: