Crafts ~ Recipes ~ Our New House ~ Book Reviews

January 7, 2012

Review of Catching Fire


I finished Suzanne Collins’ Catching Fire, the second book of The Hunger Games trilogy. I thought that it was a good follow up to the first book, however, the ending felt very rushed. There was not enough of a rebel sub plot in this book to build up to the ending, in my opinion. Also, the relationships between the characters and the why and how were not fleshed out as well as in the first book. Overall, I would say it was good, but the quality of the first book did not transfer to the second.
I’m now into the third book, Mockingjay, and I am having a hard time finishing it. Any other opinions on this? Anyone who loved it and thinks I must be crazy? I don’t know, I just think that after the first book was so phenomenal, the second should have been just as good or better and it was a bit of a let down for me. 

No comments: